I have been fortunate enough to be able to combine my two passions, film and sustainable development, in my professional life, so that my professional and private lives are very close. My life history is, as we say today, a patchwork history – with all the stumbling blocks, but also all the advantages that that it brings. Since I’m aware of that, I can enjoy it and deal with it in a lighthearted manner. And I can also pass it on to others.
Together with Joachim Borner, I helped found the KMGNE in 1998 as a spin-off; we had previously been at the Humboldt University of Berlin, and were trying to introduce our interdisciplinary courses of study in environmental sciences into one of the many departments. During the ‘90s, that was difficult, since we fell between the departmental chairs. Today, the issue is more relevant than ever, as a discourse in the academic and scientific community and across disciplines is emerging, a new understanding of communication is being created.
I therefore grew up with my two passions combining into areas of the KMGNE. I have produced four documentaries, and discovered a third passion: educational work and skills development.
I have been pursuing that since the beginning of the turn of the millennium, and have since then been responsible for the qualifications and for the management of corresponding projects.
Another task which has been assigned to meet due to my innate skills, and which I’ve also taken up with great enthusiasm, is the business management of the KMGNE.
- Degree in printing engineering at the Institute for Technology In Planning (Print), College of the Arts, Berlin 1992
- Certificate of completion of the two-year on-the-job further-education course in environmental science at Humboldt University, Berlin, 1995
- ProfilPASS Consultant, 2007
- Multiplier, ProfilPASS for Adults, 2007,
- Multiplier, ProfilPASS for Young People, 2008
- Trainer/Multipler, Education Bonus, 2008
Fields of work: International Development Cooperation, Educational Consultation, Educational Landscapes
Phone: +49 (0)30 29 367 940